Yoga West is looking for someone who is passionate about yoga to join our team as a Studio Manager for maternity cover. The role is 15-30 hours a week and includes free yoga at Yoga West and support with development for recently qualified teachers.
This role would pay c. £16,000 p/a depending on hours agreed and is for a duration of 6-12 months.
*For the right candidate we would look to create a permanent role that would continue after the return of our studio manager.
We want to give everyone the opportunity to build a regular yoga practice and live healthier and happier lives. We believe the most important part of our role is to create a friendly and supportive culture and an accessible and warm studio atmosphere where everyone feels welcome and part of the community. You will play an integral role in maintaining this environment in the studio.
As the Studio Manager, you will implement administration, operations and community building. Above all, you will strive to oversee the delivery of a world-class studio and teaching experience to our members. Your role will also include motivating the team and developing their skills and ensuring that they provide an outstanding level of service to our community. You’ll help create a warm and professionally-run studio environment and ensure that all team members and customers feel cared for and supported.
- This is a part-time role (15-30 hours per week)
- Temporary contract for maternity leave between 6-12 months
- Based at studio in Acton, West London
- You will be working in close collaboration with and reporting to the studio owner
- Supporting our members practice and studio experience
- Supporting studio owner with workshop calendar and studio timetable
- Implementing and developing sales systems to increase customer acquisition and retention within the studio and for corporate and private sessions
- Supervising class cover for both studio and corporate and private sessions
- Organising rotas and cover for staff absences
- Team management including support, communication and team meetings
- Managing retail space including re-stocking and maintaining display
- Proactively improving studio operations
- Performing a range of admin tasks
- Hiring and supervising the development of yoga and Pilates teachers and managing our assisting programme
- Passionate and knowledgeable about the yoga and the wellness industry
- Experience of managing a team
- Strong IT skills, including MS Word and Excel
- A combination of creativity and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills. Must have the ability to communicate and collaborate confidently.
- Strong initiative, self-starter and ability to work independently and prioritise
- Personable, warm and friendly
We are open Monday - Sunday, from early morning to late evening. This role would require you to work 3-4 mornings during the week (7:30-14:30/9-14:30) and occasional weekends. Some flexibility in role may be possible.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter, stating the job you are applying for, to firstname.lastname@example.org