Thanks to our friends at the organic and natural food store As Natured Intended, we are sharing with you a series of plant-based recipes covering all courses from a pre-dinner snack, through to main courses and desserts. Here is the second of our main course dishes...
Pulled Oumph! Vegan Tacos
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4):
- 280g Pulled Oumph!
- Vegetable cooking oil, for frying
- Your favourite taco fillings! We love tacos with loads of veggies (sliced tomatoes, salad leaves, thinly sliced peppers etc.), topped with avocado cream and sriracha mayonnaise and grated plant-based cheese
For the avocado cream:
- 2 avocados
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 small piece of ginger approx. 1 cm square
- 1 chili, to taste
- 1-2 tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and ground black pepper
For the Sriracha mayonnaise:
- Plant-based mayonnaise
- Sriracha hot sauce, or another spicy chili hot sauce.
- Defrost the Pulled Oumph!, and then fry on medium heat in a little vegetable oil
- Prepare the Avocado cream: Pit and peel the avocado and place in a bowl. Crush the garlic, grate the ginger and add to the mix. Lastly, add finely chopped chili, lemon juice, salt and black pepper to taste. Mix with a hand blender until it’s a smooth, creamy consistency.
- Prepare the Sriracha mayonnaise: Place the mayo in a bowl and add sriracha, or other spicy chili hot sauce, to taste.
- Build your own tacos with Pulled Oumph!, your favourite veggies, the avocado cream, mayonnaise and top with grated vegan cheese.
Boom! Taco time!
Originally published at https://www.asnatureintended.uk.com/ on July 10, 2019, republished with permission