Yoga West is looking for a dynamic, capable and friendly studio manager with a passion for yoga and community and a fantastic eye for retail.
The ideal candidate would also be a confident and accomplished yoga teacher who would add something special to our fantastic roster of teachers.
You’ll be the face of the studio, and at the heart of everything we do, from helping run a successful yoga studio to building strong relationships with our members both at the studio and on social media, and guiding the evolution and growth of the studio.
Our preference is for someone who can manage the studio plus teach up to five classes a week. This would entail 30 hours a week of managing, marketing and social media and up to five hours a week of teaching. The salary for this role is £28,000 plus the opportunity to earn a bonus of up to 20 per cent and the possibility of vested equity in the studio.
We would also consider someone who manages the studio but does not teach. This role would accrue 30 hours a week of managing and marketing responsibilities. The salary would be £19,500 plus the opportunity to earn a bonus of up to 20% and the possibility of vested equity in the studio.
We want to give everyone the opportunity to build a regular yoga practice and live healthier and happier lives. We believe the most important part of our role is to create a friendly and supportive culture and an accessible and warm studio atmosphere where everyone feels welcome and part of the community.
You’ll be based at our studio in Acton, west London and in our next-door office. You will be working in close collaboration with and reporting to the studio owner.
- Supporting our members’ practice and studio experience
- Longer-term business planning and strategy and projects
- Performing a range of admin, operational and management tasks
- Planning and helping to execute marketing and social media across a range of channels
- Hiring and supervising the development of yoga and Pilates teachers, studio team and managing our assisting programme
- Co-creating the workshop calendar and studio timetable
- Organising rotas and cover for staff absences
- Team management including support, communication and team meetings
- Managing retail space including sourcing suppliers, re-stocking and maintaining display
- A willingness to get involved in all elements of running a studio
- Personable, friendly and interested in other people
- A dynamic individual who shows strong initiative, is a self-starter and has the ability to work independently and prioritise.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about the yoga and the wellness industry
- Experience of managing, growing and nurturing a team
- Strong IT skills, including MS Word and Excel
- A basic understanding of a graphic design tool such as Canva or Photoshop
- Some professional experience within marketing and social media or a proven strong personal passion for marketing and social media
- Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills
- Some customer service or retail experience
- Project management skills
We are open Monday - Sunday, from early morning to late evening. This role would require you to sometimes work evenings and weekends. Some flexibility in hours also required.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter, stating the job you are applying for, to email@example.com